Wednesday 13 July 2011

I Will Lose This Game of Chiken

Within 2 weeks I have managed to completely annihilate my car.  I guess I shouldn’t take all of the credit; I must thank the gentleman in the logging truck that was half in my lane forcing me to swerve onto the “shoulder.”  When I say “shoulder”, I mean grass.  It was the worst time possible and forced me to run into a 3 ft. ditch.  It was either that or a head on collision.  The jungle roads are half the size they should be; especially with monster trucks barreling down on me.  There is a hierarchy here which is, the biggest car has the right away.  Even if it forces you to veer off of the “road.”   Logging trucks, tourist buses, other trucks, me, smaller/older cars/, cows, and crazy mofos on scooters.  I am worried that I am going to take out one of these scooter madmen.  If all of a sudden I am back from Malaysia with no explanation… I’m just saying… let me live…er… hide… in your basement or attic.  I don’t mind the spiders.

Don’t get me wrong.  I have taken full advantage of these loose driving laws.  Still, one can drive fast and safe. 

Other than that, the day to day is going great.  I am still in that period where everything continues to get better.  I still have a few months of finding new restaurants and other places that can make my life easier.  I had all of my dress shirts washed and ironed for 3 dollars!  3 Dollars!  If you offered a homeless man with a sign that read “Will Work 4 Fude”   three dollars in the States to iron you clothes, he would take it and then wear your drawers on his head like he was some G’D superhero.   Three dollars isn’t going far in the states anymore, unless you want fast food or a birthday party at Wunderland.

I will be moving into my house in ten days.   After that I will not be driving nearly as much.  Pretty stoked about that.  Peace and Love.

2 comments:

  1. I spelled Chiquen wronng! Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad you are safe. CJ wants pictures up on your next post... it is easy to do on Blogger. Watch out for the mofo's on scooters, we want you to come back in one piece!

    ReplyDelete